- Have you or a loved one ever
forgotten to take your pills, or has been confused as to whether you
took them correctly?
- Are you someone who needs a reminder to take your pills on time,
or are you the one who does the reminding?
- Are unscheduled doctor visits due to medication non-compliance
disrupting your household?
- Are you considering expensive home health care or nursing home placement
for yourself or a loved one due to medication non-compliance at home?
- Have emergency room visits or unscheduled hospitalizations become
a part of your life?
THEN YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO NEEDS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT
The Basic Facts
And Their Effect On You
- 125,000 people die each year
from non-compliance, twice the number killed in automobile accidents.1
- Almost 30% of all hospital admissions for people over the age of
65 are directly attributable to medication non-compliance.2
- Approximately 40% of people entering nursing homes do so because
they are unable to self-medicate in their own homes.3
- About one-half of the 1.8 billion prescriptions dispensed annually
are not takes correctly, contributing to prolonged or additional
- At the present time , more than 7 million households have an
unpaid "care-giver: who is providing daily assistance to a family
member age 50 or older.5
1. A. Anderson, Update on patient Non-compliance
2. Arch intern Med 1990; 150:841-845
3. Feasibility study, Biomedical Business International, January 1988
4. Medications and the elderly, Ch.4 pp. 67-68, 75
5. Family circle 6/25/91, pp. 46
- The CompuMed automated
medication dispenser is a unique device that addresses the issue of
- CompuMed organizes a week's supply of pills and vitamins in a
refillable plastic tray.
- The tray is locked into the CompuMed machine which is quickly and
easily programmed to deliver medications into the removable dispensing
- A buzzer sounds continuously until the pills are removed and the drawer
- CompuMed dispenses dry oral medications and displays important
instructions for all your medications. It has a two week battery
backup, is lockable, tamper-proof, portable, and has a one year
CompuMed . . . A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO AN
*A five year extended warranty is available
CompuMed is the
Only Automated Medication dispenser:
That Organizes Complex Pill Regimes
Is Easy to Set
Is Lockable and Tamper Proof
That Dispenses Pills Into an Easily Removable Drawer
Has audio and Visual reminders
That has a Battery Back-up for Portability
CompuMed assures the right
amount of the right medication at the right time, every time, four times a
day, week after week without fail!
All information provided by CompuMed, Inc.